PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RNZAF to get T-6C
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2014, 08:38
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the Kiwis

What on earth will NZ do with a "Fully Integrated Flight Training Solution"? Only in rugby are the Kiwis dangerous and you appear to have good relations with the rest of the world. Historically the French have been your only recent foe, launching a pre-emptive strike in Auckland harbour.

When it comes to defence, NZ has a problem. Being a small nation means you either have very BIG friends who you can totally count, you give in (not a very Kiwi like thing to do) or you deliver your very own personal message of disapproval in the form of total devastation. I don't think you'll ever go nuclear, so that's out and I wouldn't count on my lot or the Americans helping you out (we'd find some excuse) so to be honest, I'd spend the money on Uzi's or hunting rifles and give one to every. Then, the price of invasion would be too great.

So apart from training up to shoot at a few Asian trawlers, what will you do with a "Fully Integrated Flight Training Solution" (or an airforce come to that)? Sounds like somebody wants to do some aeros at the taxpayers expense or someone has taken a bung. Because let's face it, will your politicians ever let you go "guns blazing" into another conflict?

PM