PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 29th Jan 2014, 06:48
peely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Here we go again

Throw away comments like that don't really help anyone.

There is a difference between the training in Aus and NZ - just look at the minimum hour requirements for each licence. Cross crediting your NZ licence to Aus is simply a matter of filling in a piece of paper; this is definitely not the same the other way around - 20 hours additional training covering sling and mountain I believe.

There are good schools and instructors in both countries so ask questions and don't be taken in with the flash sales patter. Train with an instructor who is flying commercially; there are plenty around if you just look a little harder. Up to the PPL part of the CPL it is not that important but beyond that you want to be practising how to operate the helicopter as you will when you land that first job.

PM me if you want the email address for a guy I know that within a few months of passing his CPL got a break and has done 40 hours in 2 months and gets to take the EC120 by himself. I am sure he will have an opinion on training and opportunities.