PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2014, 01:06
Hot n Heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Doing one's share

Hi Tanker,

Of course it is not the individual pilots fault if they are used inefficiently. The company and pilot groups are subject to the agreements as they have evolved over the years and can only work with what they have.

That evolution has been the result of lazy management practices and pilots rightfully bargaining and doing their best, and doing pretty well over the years I must say! Can anyone name a better set of working conditions than the agreement (for the senior)? I can't.

So here we are, airline going down the tubes, pilot pay not the issue but relevant to future growth (if there is to be any).

All I would like is for people to accept that this is not 1992, there is competition everywhere, and it is not logical to expect everyone else to compete on work practices but not pilots. Anything that prevents people from doing their share should be removed.

PS Let's not forget QF flight training. The amount of time wasted over peoples careers by inefficient training when totalled would be enormous.