PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2014, 19:47
pppdrive

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks Jack 1985 and I freely admit that i hadn't noticed that. It still doesn't explain why the aircraft operator (Flightline) allowed that to happen and what exactly were these responsibilities that Manx2 excersised. I can only imagine that it was something that was 'advised' due to commercial requirements. It certainly could not have beed insisted upon as the Crew/Operator/Owner would have a legal responsibility to say "No, we can't do that." I understand that the owner of the aircraft had representation within the Manx2 office, so is anyone suggesting that Manx2 insisted that they should do something known to be illegal?

I can only add that even though I live only 15 minutes from Bristol Airport, I choose to drive over an hour to Gloucester Airport for my flights to the IoM. After almost 40 years working around the world for various airlines I deliberately chose the services provided through Manx2 even though a well known British Airline operated flights from Bristol to the IoM. It wasn't for financial reasons either, just that I would not fly with that other Airline again after closely watching how they operated.

I do appreciate that people didn't like the way that Manx2 portrayed themselves as an Airline (without actually stating that) but that was changed quite a while ago and their advertising now clearly states the Airline that you will be flying on if buying a ticket through Manx2.