PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2014, 17:59
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secondly, I think it's disgusting how Manx2 can just close up and continue as a new company. Exactly the same but with a different name. I know it's not that simple in a legal sense but that's what I see has happened here.
But that's business. Do your worst, shut up shop and come back under a new name ready to strike again. It's the travelling public who I worry about. Fair enough the current suppliers to Citywing seem to be well proven, but there's nothing to stop them hiring in some two bob tin pot operation and the public will be none the wiser.
Sorry but I disagree...

This mode of operation might be distasteful to some, but as the report and subsequent to the accident shows, is perfectly legal. The CAA picked up Manx2 on some minor website breaches which they corrected, and the CAA continued oversight with seemingly no concern.

EASA and the Spanish CAA bear the responsibility for the "two bob tin pot operation" not being open to UK / Irish scrutiny. It's what our politicians have signed up to... and at heart that is where the basic cause lies, and I doubt will be changed.

In summary, what do you find Manx2 have done either illegally, or even just immorally?