PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2014, 16:16
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Page 65 effectively tells a lot of the story. A mess of relationships, (failed) oversight and regulatory confusion.
Indeed.

From page 150 onwards is what stunned me, the AAIU are to be absolutely commended for this report. Anyone reading the transcript between the Tower and the AFO would feel I think a bit emotional as have I, certainly the darkest day for the airport in its history. I'm just hoping now that the families of those bereaved and those who survived get there day in court with Air Lada, Flightline and Manx2 (now Citywing) - even the last part, how eager they were to get rid of the history of what had happened is something utterly deplorable, and don't be fooled with the ''management buyout'' either, its the same management that was there on 10/02/11 as is today - Let's hope all 11 recommendations by the AAIU are scrutinised by the EASA, particularly recommendation 6 (IRLD2014006). I looked forward to the reaction from both the AESA and EASA.

Finally a form of closure in part, rest in peace to all six of those deceased and I hope the other six are doing well. Day of reflection for anyone in Cork Airport today.