PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FE needs help/Midex
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2014, 15:55
Moretimeoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FE needs help/Midex

Today at 10:41 AM
[COLOR=#000][FONT=HelveticaNeue]Friends/Aviators

I am sending this email out in regards to Phillip A Hale being held in the UAE for employment contract violation with Midex Airlines back in 2009. I worked at Midex as well as many other people you may know and all will tell you that they violated the contract as they wished and we had no help from any one. Long story short Phil did not like the treatment and fled UAE back to the USA. A few weeks back Phil was asked to crew a DC8-73 to Fujarah, UAE. The company he was working for said they checked his status in the UAE and he was clear to go. When they landed Phil was arrested and in jail for 6 days until surrendering his passport. He is in house arrest at a hotel their awaiting trial Feb. 4, 2014. They say Phil owes 30,000 US dollars. This amount is not correct it should only be about 4,100 but they say 30,000 or 2 years prison. I will copy the paragraph of the contract below which states he owes no more than 15,000 UAE which is about 4,100 US dollars. The USA embassy says they will not help or get involved.

"Should the contract be terminated for whatever reason before one year from the first day of employment, the Employee shall reimburse the company for any immigration/visa expenses, as well as any training expenses, that the company may have incurred on behalf of the Employee. This reimbursement shall not exceed Fifteen thousand AED (15,000.00 Dhs) for residency expenses. Training expenses/costs are refunded in full by the Employee."

Time is running out quickly. Please help if you can in any amount and please pass to other people that you think can help in some way. Feel free to call me for verification. You can contact Phil directly at the hotel in room 904. +97192236888

Kenneth Cox 402-319-3445

Last edited by Hogg; 29th Jan 2014 at 10:47.