PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2014, 14:34
deptrai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spicejetter,

"Citywing (a trading name of Citywing Aviation Services Limited) is an Isle of Man-based company that sells seats on scheduled air flights operated under charter from UK and EU-registered airlines Van Air Europe and Links Air."

Sounds like a very similar setup to me. As for the ownership structure change, it was apparently a management buyout. Meaning the same people who managed the company at the time of the accident are now still in charge.

Could be old wine in new bottles. I am not a lawyer but seeing these ownership changes also makes me wonder if someone is trying to evade possible liability claims here.

Personally I will think twice before ever buying a ticket from them, should I need to travel where they fly, and most probably try to avoid them.

Edit: after skimming through this whole thread, it seems to me there were some very well informed posts here, foreshadowing much of the findings and conclusions. Very scary that this kind of operation had been allowed to continue for too long.

Last edited by deptrai; 28th Jan 2014 at 14:57.