PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot training school in BC
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2014, 06:22
RT787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slat flap jam

Hello Ahramin and RT787,

Thank you both for your reply and comments!

RT787, I appreciate your concern regarding what others may say about me paying for additional qualifications and perhaps be frowned at...But these people don’t feed my family!
Oh BTW, Air Canada couldn’t care less what experience I have on the A330. You still start on the bottom of the list as a Cruise Pilot B777 or F/O on E190…
FYI: I have never paid for any of my 6 type ratings while in Canada.
But I no longer work in Canada...The world is a very different place compared to our lovely, safe, clean and fare country of ours. Don’t forget the taxes!!

"No type rating? No job"!!!! it's that simple and if you’re an F/O, no matter how many hours experience you might have, extremely rare are those companies that might upgrade you...it’s unfortunate, because there are many pilots out there that have a great deal of experience who occupy the right seat...You do what you need to do to survive regardless if you're in Aviation or not!
Wish you all the best, I hope you will not frown down at me should we one day share a flight deck together, the world is a very small place, you never know who your flight deck partner might or will be!!!

Ahramin, Thank you for understanding what I wrote!
And thank you for your input regarding AAT Global / Active Aerospace!
I was able to secure a training slot with CAE in YYZ!

Thank you all for taking the time to share your comments and information with me.

Blue sky's, safe and smooth flights to all!!

Cheers!

No worries at all, I didn't mean any bad feelings or anything. I realize you start out at the bottom of the list no matter what experience you have at AC due to seniority, and making $40k a year.

I just misunderstood your intentions thats all,I thought you wanted to get into AC, and I was confused. I guess you want to go overseas with the A320 type?