PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gold Medal for Tailwheel
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2014, 20:45
tail wheel

Received 215 Likes on 117 Posts
Well, thank you!! Mostly the Mods only get abused!!

I have been a member of PPRuNe since the first 100 users and a Mod as long as I can remember. I think I've seen it all.......

No, I have no Kiwi connections, born and bred Aussie. I have no connections with any Australian airline and never had any connection with the majors, Qantas, Virgin, TAA or Ansett. Despite numerous accusations of bias etc, I don't recall ever being contacted by any airline, politician, CASA, et al regarding PPRuNe. And even if I were, it would be "water off a duck's back" and probably ignored - unless the referenced post was libellous, malicious or defamatory. I am anonymous (to most) so how can they contact or influence me? Since I have been out of the aviation industry for a decade and recently retired, how can anyone jeopardise my career?

Moderating PPRuNe is all the work of the Mod team!!

Clarey is correct - anyone that had to read every bit of tedious, repetitious and vexatious garbage, in every thread, every day, would soon tire and start deleting posts and threads or thread banning users. There are some excellent, authoritative and informative posts on PPRuNe, our job is to ensure they don't drown in a sea of uninformed garbage. I think we've had some success but it is a daily battle.........

I left the locked Honiara B737 accident thread on view as I suspect most users would agree it had degenerated into worthless diatribe of small d*ck wannabes!

We act on every "Report this Post" notification, but you would be surprised at the number of notifications relating to posts that don't break any rules but simply disagree with the reporting user's opinion!! Here everyone is entitled to their own reasonable opinion, without fear or favour.

Threads get closed when they reach their use by date and the repetitious drivel becomes unbearable. Regrettably we have a few users with an inflated ego and opinion of their aeronautical skills, in love with the sound of their own keyboard.

And remember this is the internet and PPRuNe is a forum for like minded professional aviators to discuss matters of common interest, in a professional manner. It is also a place for the occasional bit of fun, especially at the expense of the Kiwis or Pommy cricket team.

If the internet and PPRuNe take over your life, it is time to recognise your illness and move on.....

Enjoy!!