PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2003, 17:14
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok - let's get serious here.

We have a startup carrier with no representation in Australia.

I have a 1800 number up and operating - full IATA - License - and Travel Compensation fund membership.

Please advise who I talk to in order to get Australian representation for the carrier.

It would be good for my operation, which I have just bought out from the other partners and my great crew would be able to act as a wholesaler within Australia for Mekong.

Since Eeenie Weenie was pulled out from under me by a former incarnation of Ansett, I have been fretting for an Airline to cal "mine" again.

As for the Ansett Spirit - it is very much alive in my office. I traded a BA 747-200 model for a brass Ansett Australia business card holder the other day to go with my Ansett Airfreight wood and (simulated) pewter one, and second rank of the display of commercial airliner models in the office is all AN - total of 6 AN/KD with a 762 that lives at home in the Aussie flag livery.

Only the East-West treasures ride above them.

if anyone can help with contacts, please let me know at work email or here.

Work email is [email protected] - toll free in Oz is 1800067207 - fax and fone from overseas are ++61 364 233244 for phone ++ 61 364 233255 for fax.

Be well all

EWL

Ron Knight