PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet SSTR
Thread: Easyjet SSTR
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2003, 16:53
Captain Cautious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12000 CVs!

Well, to be honest 12000 applications on file, or there abouts. This figure is somewhat misleading. I believe that is the total number of applications that have been stored on the database to date. If you subtract duplicate records and many others that don't come anywhere near to eJ's minimum requirements, I guess you will find a much smaller number.

I do not run this process, but I do have some knowledge of how it works. The fact is that we seem to be able to access a steady stream of pilots with a reasonable level of experience, although we do make an effort to recruit a variation of experience levels in order to keep a reasonable spread within the company. That is why we have always taken a few very low hour pilots through the CTC ATP scheme for example.

For those of you that have had no reply from eJ. I understand how frustrating that can be, but the truth is often that there are other people on file that have more experience/qualifications, or at least more relevant experience. It is our policy only to contact those that we decide to call forward for assessment.
The files are reviewed from time to time, so if you really do have what we are looking for then your application should be found. If you have not updated your application for a while then it is probably worth doing- as long as something significant has changed, like licence change, new t/r, or a significant increase in hours (500 more for example). Such changes might just make the difference to how favourably we look upon your application. But you must tell us of these changes.

Please please please, don't let this be taken as an invitation for hundreds of revised applications with only minor changes, or no change at all. That will not help your cause, it will only serve to irritate the staff that have to review applications recieved from the web server each day.