PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part-147 Basic Training Course Modules Question
Old 27th Jan 2014, 16:26
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well now, there's interesting. I know this has been asked before, but I'm not sure it was ever answered. Looking through Part 66, we get to this;

66.A.10(f) Each application shall be supported by documentation to demonstrate compliance with the applicable theoretical knowledge, practical training and experience requirements at the time of application.

Which does not say the documentation must come from the same State. In theory at least, a Pass Certificate for Module 9, say, issued by a Part 147-approved MTO in any Member State, is equally valid in any other Member State. I'm not sure if or how language may affect this principle.

But if that isn't the case, the NAA that's been asked to issue the licence could perhaps accept a Module certificate issued elsewhere under the following Rule, in the bit that's highlighted?

66.A.25 Basic knowledge requirements

(a) An applicant for an aircraft maintenance licence, or the addition of a category or subcategory to such a licence, shall demonstrate by examination a level of knowledge in the appropriate subject modules in accordance with the Appendix I to Annex III (Part-66). The examination shall be conducted either by a training organisation appro*priately approved in accordance with Annex IV (Part-147) or by the competent authority.

(b) The training courses and examinations shall be passed within 10 years prior to the application for an aircraft maintenance licence or the addition of a category or subcategory to such aircraft maintenance licence. Should this not be the case, examination credits may however be obtained in accordance with point (c). 16.11.2011 Official Journal of the European Union L 298/11 EN (c) The applicant may apply to the competent authority for full or partial examination credit to the basic knowledge requirements for:

1. basic knowledge examinations that do not meet the requirement described in point (b) above; and

2. any other technical qualification considered by the competent authority to be equivalent to the knowledge standard of Annex III (Part-66).

I don't know, perhaps someone else does. Probably there are different interpretations in different States. You could ask EASA, but don't expect a reply.

Last edited by Capot; 28th Jan 2014 at 10:52.