PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 OTE, Anybody going to return the form?
Old 27th Jan 2014, 09:41
5 Forward 6 Back

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guest, it may be my career and my decision alone to make, but like some, I quite like to hear what my peers and colleagues might have chosen and why. I think discussing something like this, openly and honestly, with a frank opinion of what you might want to achieve in the future is essential.

Someone here might be in the exact same situation as me, but have a better understanding of part of the terms... or someone might just understand how the pension calculator works better than I do!

No harm in canvassing opinion and fact checking before you put pen to paper. I haven't signed yet (although a recent conversation with the AFPS2015 cell at HQ Air makes me pretty certain a non-return is a "no"), and the more information I can gather before deciding, the more informed my decision will be.

Personally, I think I'm more likely to stay in for PAS than I am for any sudden career push; and if I decide I don't enjoy the job enough for a potential PAS offer, then an extra chunk a month or so isn't enough to sway me to stay for another 2 years.