PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 27th Jan 2014, 06:01
jetstreem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hats & ties...

I'm afraid that I can't agree with the people who actually want hats & ties. In the summer, the last thing you'll want is to be buttoned all the way up. And how many members of the public actually see us on a normal day?! Hats only make pilots look like chauffeurs or strippers. Sorry, but it's true. They're useful for that and putting keys in when you get home. And in the flight deck, I'm assuming you're going to put them in all of that storage that we don't have.

I wouldn't mind a different uniform, but other than the 'bowling shoes' we're given and the ridiculous 'bling wings' that are designed solely to catch on as many things as possible in the flight deck, it's not that bad. It's low maintenance at least.

Going on that presentation, someone with not a great deal of imagination has just copied the uniform from the likes of KLM and Emirates but just used FZ colouring pencils! The stripes on the shoulders of the jackets did make me laugh though!