PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2003, 14:53
Al E. Vator

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
Bollocks. Don't normally comment on this stuff 'cos it's futile - minds are made up.

But let me correct an isuue or two with you sir. Karma? dunno. But having lost a house principally because of a selfish few back in those days (remember those who supported "the AFAP's ridiculous position" and then snuck off like snakes to jump in ahead of others on the seniority list) the ex Ansett persons' statement is rather amusing.

"I didn't want to live away from my family but we either had to sell the house or move somewhere smaller, or I could get a regular income with the job up here." Harsh as it may sound, to me that is irony in its purest form.

Political Correctness has it's deserved place. Calling somebody a "w0g" or whatevever else is certainly stupid because it's invariably discriminatory and based on something the recipient has little or no control over.

But don't try to parallel that ignorance in an attempt to unload the title to which you have earned. A scab is a scab, a title earned by actions of the recipients own choice. The term is not offensive and the definition is in the dictionary -"Person who breaks rules of his trade or group". If you screw your colleagues for your own personal selfish ends then fine, but don't bleat when somebody labels you the dictionary definition of what you are.

I actually think it's great people are getting on with their lives and really this whole '89 thing is a bit tired now (for crying out loud). But don't try to change history or facts. It's like saying in 10 years "Oh well Saddam really wasn't that bad eh". But he was a Class 1 pr1ck, no amount of time will alter that. And a scab is a scab no matter how hard you try to change reality.

Good luck to you sir in Pnomh Penh but please don't expect sympathy for your plight and don't try to sanitise the effects of your selfishness and minimise the reality of what you did and what the dictionary defines you correctly as.

Indeed, don't dwell on 1989, it's unhealthy I reckon BUT like the Japanese who have tried to sanitise the memory of their actions 60 years ago, I fear you are trying to do the same That IS something I get annoyed about.

Yes I know I'm a tosser for saying the above, it's a bit harsher than my usual dull posts and hope I don't cause undue offence etc etc.................... Whatever. My next input on the topic will probably be in 2013, such is the futility of input on this emotional subject anyhow. Just don't try to distort historical fact by alligning those who simply refer to you as you are with those who use discriminatory invective.

Last edited by Al E. Vator; 10th Apr 2003 at 15:12.