PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot demand and supply - who has the figures?
Old 26th Jan 2014, 22:22
pinoyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big supply.
hold here faa atp single and multi land and sea, cfi , agi, glider, 1st medical etc darn ive even done the flt engr written test , 2800 total, a320 and b737 type and have been all over asia and no luck ! no time on type !? sorry... also have the canadian and filipino ATP as well , tried philippines , not even an interview, and i have a permanent resident visa too, they dont even have to sponsor me! no luck.i asked the Hr lady at cebu "what about the pilot shortage" and she stated that nearly every day someone comes and hands in a resume' in person, and they get dozens a week of qualified pilots sending in their resumes via email and have over a thousand on file" i spoke with a sim instructor and he told me they over hired (especially on the a330) and that they may start looking again in august. there are jobs in the usa since its so costly to get trained and many banks are unwilling to finance students due to default dangers since the wages are so low (inability to pay back loan) yes in the usa you do need a work permit but many other countries require citizenship....