PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The way we were - Ansett, TAA, Qantas
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2014, 20:26
RodH

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile It's not cynical

airsupport.
I still believe that a lot of the reason we all helped each other was that we had very little to lose by doing so and we did enjoy helping out.
However , most would not be very willing to help out too much these days as it is so competitive that we have to look after our Airline first and foremost and helping a direct competitor could be seen as siding with the " enemy " by the Management and in the long term might even put our jobs at risk.
Also if you read my Post I did not link " cooperating " with Industrial Matters , I specifically stated : " and on the Industrial side of things ". That is a separate issue and has nothing to do with helping out .It was simply stating my belief that because of the 2 Airline policy we did have quite secure jobs due in part to the Industrial advantage of playing one side against the other.
We saw all of this " helping each other " start to disappear when the 3rd Airline , Compass started up as they posed a direct threat to the other Airlines continuance and thus the future of many of us.
Never the less it was the most wonderful days in Aviation the likes of which we will never see again.
Those really were the Halcyon days.

Last edited by RodH; 26th Jan 2014 at 23:12.