PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2003, 12:52
phnompenhkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Years ago, when we lived in a less enlightened, more insular, country, new arrivals to our shores were called 'w_gs' by our bigoted, uneducated masses. These days, these very people wear the tag with pride. I have many European friends who see it as not derogatory in any way - of course the delivery and tone can change that, but when delivered good naturedly, it's fine.

So with 'scab'. Who cares. It's no big deal, or any deal at all, to me or any whom I know, but only to the tiny minds who perpetuate the hatred and bigotry from which they are incapable of escape. What you guys should remember is that many of the FEs commenced training before the AFAP said it was OK to go back, so that would lump them into that group who are so despised by the world, and who will never work as pilots anywhere in the world again, and wear that terrible tag, and will do so for the rest of their happy lives.

You're right on one thing, beetlegoose, Nakry is still a good looker, but Lavann is in another class altogether, as is Linda.
Incidentally, we put on a party for them recently, and many of them thanked us for treating them like real people, and not 'poor people' as did another group of Australians a long time ago. Can't imagine who that bitter and twisted group were????

Casper, you're right! It was done by a lot of guys a long time ago, and but a few are happy with their decisions, flying equipment that they would never have had access to if they'd stayed in Oz. There are just a few malcontents though, recalcitrant, objectionable individuals who continue sling abuse because they f....ed up their lives by follwing the AFAP's ridciulous position and aren't happy flying a DC3 in Algeria. They're evident on pprune by their malicious, vindictive posts. They seem to gain some perverse satisfaction from beating themselves up and 'maintaining the rage'. You seem to be a well adjusted chap. Keep it up.