PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Crisis
Thread: China Crisis
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2014, 16:38
Threethirty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly, I've been calling the banksters out on their crimes for years now but in Hong Kong they have far too much of an easy ride, unlike say the UK. Globally they have re-written the rules so that they always win, the new Volcker legislation was an absolute sham after their lawyers had finished with it. Legislation serves mainly to placate an angry public whilst behind the scenes; business as usual.
As an avid reader of Zerohedge; I've been introduced over the years to the tools by which they pervert capatalism. Rehypthocation being one of the more nefarious in their armoury, here "assets" are pledged countless times, in some cases to infinity by numerous counterparties. The original "asset" acts as a catalyst for more and more debt shared by any institution privy to this game of pass the parcel.
Alchemy is alive and well in our modern era but only if you're a banker. The rules are made up to suit the current circumstances, mark to market, when you own the political and legal classes this becomes possible.
The rot doesn't stop here, oh no, we could talk all day long about Libor fixes, FX fixes, Gold and Silver short selling manipulation, interest rate swaps etc etc.
I agree with all of the above, we need more control of our Provident fund, we need to get it out of the hands of the cocaine sniffing barrow boys before we lose it all. More importantly how much of our money is being grabbed by the thieving bar stewards in fees?!

Furious Backlash Forces HSBC To Scrap Large Cash Withdrawal Limit | Zero Hedge

Last edited by Threethirty; 26th Jan 2014 at 17:48.