PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Employing more Indians
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2014, 14:09
Going_Manual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason for starting the discussion is not at all intended to offend or upset anyone.

My reason for starting the thread came after reading another thread in the Asia forum about the masses of unemployed Indian pilots.

Now you cannot deny that every voice you hear when coming from an EK call sign is that of the western world, e.g. British or American I am talking about ground 118.35 tower 118.75/119.55 even UAE 124.85 if an EK call sign is talking to ATC it is always a westerner!! always! you cannot deny this!

If EK want global domination and even bigger profits, my question is why don't they take advantage of the unemployment in India and take on the Indian pilots with a lesser salary?

If they did do it, and the Indians were agreeable to a lesser salary can you imagine the cost savings for EK?

Average Salary for an FO with an Indian carrier is $37,000 per year you cant argue that.
Average Salary for an FO with Emirates is $128,000 per year!! you also cant argue this fact!

I am not being a racist, I am just pointing out that these chaps are just as capable as Western pilots, agreed? so why not exploit them

@Ironbutt - that's great they get the same scale!! I don't dispute it, but where are they?!? I don't hear any Indian voices coming from EK call sign!