PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2014, 12:41
Australopithecus

Received 82 Likes on 38 Posts
I remain nonplussed at the various revelations of Qantas junior functionary behaviour, AMs notwithstanding...

The lately celebrated Ms. Bussel may have attracted kudos from the ususal suspects on this annual ritual of "she'll do nicely, mate" awards, but the reality persists: QF mangement, second tier executives and their direct reports have all been co-opted by a board and senior executive enthralled by an idealogical imperative. (Staff=Bad!) They are transfixed with the idée fixée that we are the enemy: the last pillbox between them and the final victory*

*with apologies to J. Goebells.

I long for an Australia Day when we celebrate the embodiment of the TRUE AUSSIE spirit a là Breaker Morant: the ability and willingness to call bull**** when bull**** is presented. To look beyond one's immediate monetary gains towards a higher, and greater, truth.

I do not expect to see, in the twenty or so years left to me, a business leader hailed for any of these attributes. More is the pity. I worry for my offspring in such a country.