PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free pilot training (EU citizens also) in Sweden
Old 26th Jan 2014, 09:47
Suchyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free ATPL(A)/Frozen is an option at some polish Universities and at one of them you could get free of charge CPL(H) for a couple of years.

1. University of Technology in Rzeszow - frozen ATPL(A)
2. Polish Air Force Academy in Dęblin - civilian ATPL(A) and in future possibility of a civilian CPL(H)
3. The State School of Higher Eductation in Chelm - CPL(A) + IR + ME + IR/ME and there was a possibility of CPL(H) but I'm not sure if there would be in a future

3rd option is where I got my free CPL(H).

These programs are on going for many year. At Rzeszow university the pilot studies program has been going on since 1976. In 2001 or 2002 simillar program has been started at The State School of Higher Education in Chełm. In 2009 the possibility of getting CPL(H) has begun - in first year 4 students have become commercial helicopter pilots and in second year of the program 8 students have managed to get their CPL(H)s. During the 3rd year the program was suspended and now there is 4 students undergoing their courses towards CPL(H). In 2009 civilian pilot program has started and have been offering ATPL(A)/frozen however the school has bought 4 or 5 Cabri G2 helicopters so there may be the possibility of getting civilian CPL(H) there.

The pilot studies programs are a part of university majors and are free of charge. It is all paid by the polish tax payers. I'm really surprised that nobody knew about it. Aviation world is very small and that knowledge should be soaring around the aviation community for a long time now. I know that these majors are in polish but I guess that is the price you need to pay for the free training. All of the pilot programs start on the 2 or 3 semesters into the major and there is a separate qualification process. It is based on the general aviation knowledge, English skills, aviation experience (being PPL(A) license pilot) and grades that you gathered through first 2 or 3 semesters.

Ok, now is the time to ask you guys if you have any specific information about the swedish program. What I would like to know what are the specific courses that would be available to person already owning CPL(H).

Regards,
Suchyy