PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The way we were - Ansett, TAA, Qantas
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2014, 08:12
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not as it once was.

Most of we older generation of the aviation fraternity were employed when the world as a whole was different and most of us could honestly say we looked forward to going to work. Whether it be the military or civil aviation things are different now. As someone recently said it was back then when "a pilot could get a cabin attendant pregnant but a cabin attendant could not get a pilot pregnant". Simplistic I suppose, but just one facet which has changed.

In the main we were all proud to profess our loyalty to our particular brand and often went that "extra mile" without complaint to get the job done. I know I can in no way relate to my old airline in its present form if the comments by many, which I hope are not really representative of how the majority of present day employees feel about their employer, are true. Times have changed and so, sadly it seems, has the culture within the industry.

Maybe I see things through rose coloured glasses but to me the old days were truly the best days to have been involved in the aviation game.