PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 26th Jan 2014, 00:28
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS - how do you think a turban ingine operates on fuel foam eg 20% Air by Volume - any idea? Didn't think so.

relevant ? only in as far as an untested condition may occur which may have led to the deaths of 10 people - yes SS/Riga i guess you're right all a bit of a waste of time really, just pointless speculation. Care to address the point with something other than cynical, sneering arrogant indifference? Didn't think so... why bother?

It is patently obvious that, with such a high unuseable fuel quantity, the cockpit situation faced by this pilot may well have left him with an excessively confusing and unexpectedly complex set of actions. Maybe unpredictable issues of timing wrt Governor response rates and pilot action. Everything points to that.
AT LEAST TEST THE SCENARIO - it SHOULD NOT BE DANGEROUS (even for a normal pilot).

Many combinations of: engine1 suffers reduced output, engine2 increases output (governed for Nr) just as 1st engine 'recovers' pilot has confusing symptoms (popping banging surging symptoms etc), looks in and sees E1 looking good and E2 'heading south'. Shuts down E2 (the good engine) leaving E1 to splutter to death... too confused to put the lever down.

Re-inforced by years of indoctrination from SS and his gang of naive 'experienced' pilots that 2 engines don't fail. "bloggs I'm going to pull One FCL back to idle and when you are stabilized I'll pull the other engine back to simulate a full power loss for an autorotation - do you understand?" - "yes Sir" - "ok bloggs are you ready?" - "yes Sir" - "Practice engine failure 3-2-1-go" "well done Bloggs, back home for chips and medals eh?"
The twin simulated EOLs with power recovery I have seen are a joke and would not make successful arrivals other than in the theoretical world.

1^10-9 IT IS NOT! - Komplexity Kills - KISS baby

This is likely to be another 'systems error' - where certification requirements and tick box training conspire to arrive at another fatal accident.

Bored too now... wait for the report, cease speculation (eh SS?)

(Thank you for the PM support)