PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 25th Jan 2014, 09:53
PieChaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talkpedlar,

Sorry I have just noticed your question.

Piechaser?
Your comments in 1904 and 1907 for starters. I never wish to offend but where did you trawl that garbage from?

Sorry but your lack of appropriate knowledge, experience and intelligence just shine through.
Post 1904
As I see it, failure of a NRV or the fuel transfer pipe would trap fuel in the main tank, starving the supply tanks and ultimately the engines.

The FAA fuel system requirements are:
Fuel System Independence
Each fuel system for a multiengine airplane must be arranged so that, in at least one system configuration, the failure of any one component (other than a fuel tank) does not result in the loss of power of more than one engine or require immediate action by the pilot to prevent the loss of power of more than one engine.

Eurocopter being such a huge company would have this covered, ....wouldn't they?
That "Garbage" as you call it, came from our FAA aircraft maintenance manuals, here's a link for you :http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...a/ama_ch14.pdf

I realise this could be my last allowable post, so I would just like to say.
The reason I first posted on Pprune was because of the tragic accident involving a fellow aviator. As an engineer and having built my own aircraft (including the fuel system) I was drawn to the design of the 135 fuel system, and All my posts relate to this. I have no motives or hidden agenda, I never want to offend and have always tried to be polite. Surely the whole idea of a forum like this is to bring fellow aviators together and hopefully make the skies a safer place!

Thanks
PieChaser