PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - July 03 course to become Jan 04?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2003, 04:36
Vickybiccy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a newbie here, but I have been lurking!

I am supposed to be on the July 03 course as well, but was motivated to register as I haven't heard anything yet!

Basically getting the job was a COMPLETE surprise. I have always wanted to do it and applied thinking I would regret it if I didn't, even if I didn't get through.

Anyhow, I am on the course, despite the man at LATCC who told me that I wasn't clued up enough to get through... I would be rude about him...but I'm sure some of you ATCOs know him.....

I haven't exactly made the best start to my new career, I was 2 hours late for my medical, due to my flight arriving about 3 hours late into LHR and having to help an old lady phone her son that she couldn't find...anyway, I digress!

I don't think I am as enthusiastic about this job as some of you lot. Please don't beat me down about this, I know I am very lucky to have got the job. I can't seem to get excited about the idea about living in Bournemouth. Ah well.

I had to have an extra eye test at my optician which may be why things may be delayed. But he said he didn't think there would be a problem, we shall see....

Well, I shall let you know if I hear anything.