PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2014, 06:23
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts
My guess the same applied in PNG?
Struth, now you're asking a good one Tailwheel! I really don't know/can't remember. I do remember though that we did refer to the Trislander, obviously incorrectly, as a BN3. And I was always under the impression that it was a separate endorsement.

I am in occasional contact with one of my old co-workers from back then so next time I see him I shall ask him as he regularly flew the Tri based in Vanimo.

A BN2 with a sound proofed cabin? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Douglas Airways wanted Trislanders and insisted on castering nose-wheels instead of the directly linked ones to the rudder. Turning circles and all that. Britten-Norman refused and lost 3 sales
Standby Scum; I was with Dz for the last nine months of the company's existence and there were 3 Trislanders, DNN, DNP and one other (DNX ?) which never came out of a major inspection the whole time I was there. But I am fairly sure that at least DNN had a fully castoring nose wheel. A Dz mod perhaps?

Once again, will check with my old co-worker.

Last edited by Pinky the pilot; 25th Jan 2014 at 06:36.