PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2014, 01:23
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K' the DJ saga makes me feel sick to my stomach and to be frank rather ashamed to be an Australian.The Pollies waffle on about the Australia ethic of fair go, as illustrated by the DJ cronicles, an absolute LIE.
That CAsA a government institution can manipulate facts to deflect the spotlight away from their own deficiencies by creating a scapegoat, to destroy someones livelihood and career to cover their own asses, to me is just another example of the level of CAsA corruption that Truss's enquiry should be examining.

Did DJ contravene any regulation's ???.

I heard a Poll was hastily called amongst the FOI's and the answer was tied!!, which perhaps is a reflection on the reasons for the level of frustration around the industry ie....

Seagoon " Thinks???How can I scew this lot around?? Aha!! I dont care what the previous FOI said, you are not in compliance, rewrite your Ops Manual"
Bluebottle "You dirty rotten swine!!! cant you #@$%^#$ As..h.les agree on anything!!

Did DJ comply with company SOP???..
would appear so given there was a history of flights by pelair out there, including by the Chief Pilot, now CAsA delegate, so if DJ was guilty...so was the CP and if DJ was to be thrown to the lions then surely the CP was not a fit and proper person as well??

Ah had a dream last night..."Total fantasy of course but plausible looking at the timeline"

Skull.." Wodger for gods sake do something those Bast..ds in the senate are smelling a rat and this could affect my pension"

Wabbit.. "Fear not oh Exhaulted one, I'll crucify the pilot just make sure the hooded one signs the death warrant"

Hooded One.."Wodger that damned pilot is still hanging up there bleeding all over everything and his lawyers are threatening all sorts of stuff, including my pension, I'll have a amend your death warrant, even I thought it was a tad draconian, get him down off the cross we'll just hang him a bit instead".

Wabbit.. "As you command, I'll write a new death warrant"...Thinks... "How dare that pilot question my divine authority..okay we'll just hang him with a bungy cord so he bounces back and forth, weighed down with a few inserted pineapples, and after that ....hmm (insert cackling laugh)"

Hooded one.. "Sorry Wodger, those lawyers are still threatening my pension so I'll have to go easier on the pilot, get him down off the scaffold
we'll just make him to do a little test instead"

Wabbit.. "As you command Oh superior...Minion!!, stop grovelling man!!
I know nothing of this piloting stuff, I want you to dream up a test, a test that not even a homesick angel could pass. It must be plausible, summon the spin doctors to assist, make it appear reasonable, spin it so a lay person would think any pilot could do it, but so full of improbables that we can slip a knife or two through".

In reality, if DJ is required to submit to this travesty the Pelair CP, now CAsA delegate, should also be required to submit to it, but then given the probity of CAsA he'd pass and DJ would fail, it would be pre-ordained.

The Davis submission to the senate pretty much puts a lie to CAsA's fuel calculations, and I have to wonder if DJ had have diverted to Noumea after he had passed his calculated PNR, CAsA plays that down but he had calculated a PNR, would DJ now be facing an inquisition for running out of fuel short of Tontouta, damned if he did and damned if he didnt.