PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2014, 20:23
73to91

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Engagement:

Didn't they (management) introduce a new staff travel category for 'executives'?
So these 'new executives' were well and truly engaged as from day 1 they were able to purchase J seats rather than wait the x years as per others.

Gee, I'd be happy, start new job knowing full well that I'm about to get travel benefits, get home after 1st day and say to partner, guess what? we may be able to go 1st class on our 1st holiday. I'd be engaged.

OK I know staff travel isn't everything but for many, it is.

Have been told this is true.
New staff and here they target new management staff, are informed at all induction sessions that, new aircraft do not require maintenance, that engineering costs are too high in Australia, the importance of the JQ, etc.

So what do you get there? engaged staff who not only believe what they are being told but J class and potentially P class travel = I'm engaged.

What QF also gets is 'fresh blood' staff who may meet new people from many departments at their induction sessions but collectively, these people don't know much (about particular issues within the company) and certainly won't come across, crew, engineers, pilots, IT or Finance staff, marketing staff who have 20 years plus service who may say something negative during their 1st break.

That's how the likes of QF engage staff.