PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomb on board ?
Thread: Bomb on board ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2014, 10:31
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I witnessed a staff member report three unattended bags to the security staff as we went through the staff search area this morning and they just ignored him. Twice.
Bristol Airport, 9th January, waiting for a Ryanair Customer Experience. Bit of time in hand, so I go to the cafe on the 1st floor, leave my cabin bag on a table about 20m from the counter, and join the queue for coffee 'n a cake. I keep a very close eye on my bag.

Along comes one of Avon & Somerset's finest. Peaked hat, boots, hi-vis, radio, weaponry; all sorts of accoutrements slung around his person. He patrols with a measured pace, a guardian of the law in all his majesty, alert and aware, ready to deal instantly and decisively with any threat to security, real or potential.

He stops next to the table with my apparently unattended bag on it. I get ready to spring into action to claim it as mine and show him that it is harmless. He rocks back and forth on his heels for two or three minutes, looking keenly about him for anything that needs his attention.

Then he turns and resumes his patrol at his measured pace, having made sure that all was secure and safe in the cafe area.

I felt an overwhelming rush of gratitude that we are all so well protected by these brave men.