PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 4
Thread: SOUTHEND - 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2014, 08:41
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I took a six week winter break in the Algarve to enjoy the sunshine and be well away from aviation; well that was the intention but it didn't quite work out like that during the last two weeks. I arrived back at SEN yesterday to a very good passenger experience as usual, but the ongoing terminal completion work makes it look a bit of a building site.

There will be some SEN news very soon I think regarding new routes, one way or the other, and I see that JOTA are adding an RJ85(?) to their SEN-based fleet for ACMI and up-market charter work.

As far as JOIN! is concerned I think they are still trying to finalise investment so I doubt anything is likely to be announced for some time and their chances of successfully launching still are not assured in my view. I wish them luck though as their persistence deserves some reward.

I note that the SEN-based A320 operating the TFS route served a number of other EZY routes from SEN around Christmas; presumably taking advantage of its greater capacity. There were six EZY aircraft on the terminal ramp yesterday lunchtime which looked impressive even if a number were idle.

It will be interesting to se what 2014 has in store for SEN.