PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot training school in BC
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2014, 06:41
RT787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slat flap jam
Good Day to all!

I'm new to this Forum stuff, so please forgive the SNAFU's!!

I am an A330 driver for Qatar Airways and I am looking to come back to Canada...Tired of the sand box!!!
I am interested in getting a CCQ on the A320.

Looking to get information regarding the following school / Aviation Training Center called: ACTIVE AEROSPACE / AAT Global. They're located at Vancouver International (YVR).

They specialize in Type Ratings & CCQ's for those that want to get that special Type rating on their Canadian / Foreign License...

I've seen the website, but is appears not to have been updated in years !!!

Does anyone know if this training center is still in operation of has it closed down??
If still in operation and if anyone has had any dealings with them, I would welcome any feedback.

Thank you for any info you may provide!!

Blue sky's to All!!!
I'm sorry, but if you have time flown on an A330, and you had enough experience to fly for Qatar, then why do you want to go out and pay for an A320 type rating?

Why do you not just go and apply for Air Canada, if you really do have a valid A330 type rating and time on a wide body jet, then you would probably stand out. From what I have read, it is very frowned upon to pay for type ratings in Canada. Then you won't make anyone mad, and won't have to pay for a type rating.

Little confused here.

Or do you want to come to Canada to take a break, and get a type rating in Canada, to go use in another country so you can fly left seat?