PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 21:40
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ryanair timetable at BRS is usually a work in progress until just before the season begins. It may be at other airports too.

I used to try to compile the latest timetable in the months leading to a season but there were invariably so many changes along the way with routes coming and going, timings changed and occasionally even days changed that I don't look in detail any more until early March each year for the forthcoming summer season.

This is not a criticism of Ryanair, just a statement of how it seems to be.

I do keep a list of routes dropped by airlines at BRS going back many years and Ryanair does bring back routes that it previously dropped.

For instance, this summer Bratislava, Scezecin and Lodz seem to have been dropped and possibly Katowice.

Bratislava operated from 2007 but was dropped for summer 2011 before being brought back that winter and eventually became a summer route. Scezecin ran in 2008 and 2009 and was then dropped before, perhaps surprisingly, being brought back for summer 2013. Katowice operated from 2007 until 2009 and was dropped but re-appeared in winter 2011/2012 and has remained year-round since. Lodz commenced in summer 2012 and also operated in summer 2013.

Other Ryanair routes currrently operating that have been dropped and brought back in the past include Gdansk and Budapest, and it was announced around this time in 2012 that Dinard would be brought back for that summer, having last operated in 2008. It was put into the booking system then dropped out a few weeks later.

I hope that Bologna won't join the list of one-season FR routes out of BRS which include Cagliari, Eindhoven, Perpignan, Montpellier, Toulon, Trieste and Bydgoszcz (lasted two months) or those that lasted a little longer such as Derry, Grenoble, Salzburg, Shannon, Pau, Rimini, Porto, Belfast City, Marrakech, Seville and Riga, although some of these routes are now operated by other airlines.