PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 21:15
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Letsflycwl
Cheers for that........will the ORY flight always be code share with AF after the change over to WX ?
I don't know, to be honest, but if I had to guess I'd say no, it'll be time-limited. One of the big unknowns in this whole sale-to-Intro is the duration that Intro has negotiated for CityJet's subsequent commercial deal with Air France, i.e. how long the AF codeshare and commercial relationships will last after the AF ownership umbilical is cut. A year? 2? 3? I don't know.

I'd strongly suspect that the main reason CityJet is flying from Cardiff to ORY rather than to CDG (where, let's face it, the connections are) is that AF needs to babysit some slots in ORY. (An F50 does not really need a 90-minute turnround in ORY ) In the past, AF has bankrolled some funky third-party operations (Orly-Caen in a Beech 1900, anyone?) in order to hold on to its ORY slots at the lowest possible price. I would guess that something similar is going on here, i.e. that as part of the dowry it'll pay to Intro, AF has offered some sort of guaranteed-revenue deal to CityJet/Intro in return for which they'll fly the route in the downtime between GLA rotations.

C.