PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 17:14
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The apologies for the DAA/CAA is something else! I think DAA/CAA cabal have gone an awful long way to get Cork Airport on it's knees.

It was Joe Gantly who did the deal with Ryanair - if he was alive now we could ask him exactly why he was so keen to do such a wretched deal.

Cork is broken and is unfixable. Ask some would be Warsaw and Krakow passengers.

Cork - Dublin. God all mighty! Is this the answer to the abuse Cork has suffered? There is little chance Cork Airport can now compete on a Cork Airport - Dublin Airport service in my opinion with other forms of transport:

Hourly trains,

Bus Eireann coaches every two hours;

Air Coach - midnight coaches and other daytime services;

GoBe - some sort joint venture between Bus Eireann and a Galway company offering midnight coaches through the night and some day time services;

Reasonably attractive car rental rates from Cork Airport to Dublin Airport and vice versa;

Private cars.

As Ryan2000 said in a post above there is for many even an aura of fashion consciousness now in taking a midnight bus to Dublin Airport so how can it be expected that passengers get themselves to the airport an hour or more before a new Cork - Dublin flight, subject themselves to an airport search, hang around some more, take the flight, and if travelling onwards from Dublin, again subject themselves to yet another search by another TSA wannabe, traipse through various piers at Dublin, wait some more, board, and eventually get airborne for your original destination. Okay, some amount of time is saved probably but I think it is just too late, I feel. That horse has ran.

And by the way, the Qatar Airways 787s can legally operate out of Cork on a commercial passenger carrying flight to Doha. I did not lightly make that comment.