PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 15:57
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
HC....it is a possibility the crew got distracted by a Meteor shower too I guess.

I know the AAIB is very detailed in their investigations.....and in interviews with the two Pilots...I am sure they traveled that path....about why the hesitation and what factors played a role in that delay and lack of response.

Commonsense tells us they surely did that.

Commonsense also tells us that Pilots will raise the collective when the choice is do and live....or don't and die....and we do not consider much more than acting upon the need to take corrective action when needed.

That is survival instinct....which is native to all of us and just a normal part of the Human Psyche.

Perhaps my instincts go honed by exposure to events and risks you have had the luxury to avoid but I see my being here to participate in the discussion as proof I must have learned something from it.

Perhaps you might explain why combat service in Vietnam as a Helicopter Pilot lessens my abilities, knowledge, and experience since you seem to think that so somehow?

Do explain what you mean by your comment please. You seem to be speaking for me.....and as usual....you make no sense whatsoever when you do. I trust you will let my post stand on its own and you limit yourself to your own comments in response to what I said.

Now how is it you think I said the investigation should not investigate the possibility of the Pilot searching his Soul before pulling up on the Collective out of fear a passenger might complain somehow if he did too abruptly?

You got your knickers in a wad a while back when a Passenger asked about an unusual occurrence on a flight into Aberdeen.....any reason you are so particularly sensitive any imagined criticism of a Pilot's control touch that it puts you into "snot" mode?

Like TM, you dismiss a possible human factor without proposing any other explanation. Rather negative, but of course such ideas don't fit your Vietnam vet mindset.
Regarding your last sentence, it seems you are proposing that such a possibility is not investigated lest it upset some of the passengers who ended up in the water. Surely you are demonstrating EXACTLY the mindset to which I am referring. I'm surprised you can't see it.