PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 15:53
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
dragartist

No problem. I agree with what you say and it is interesting that other areas saw the same approach by the CE. The entire process you speak of was disbanded by June 1993 in my area, and we had to seek other jobs because we had nothing to do. Or, we had plenty to do, but AMSO had pi##ed the money down the drain and stopped funding pubs, 765s, 760/1s, obsolescence, configuration control, mods, safety cases etc.

Co-incidence that this is the precise timeframe under discussion at the inquest? I don't believe in co-incidences; the same failures, at the same time, led to the "new" evidence on Chinook that MoD so arrogantly demanded for so long. Maybe that's why the MAA have withheld the SI report from the Inquest. Same old names cropping up.

Funnily enough, the HCDC has this week asked for evidence on this very subject. Interesting that they don't ask MoD..... One day the VSOs involved (AMSO/AMLs from 1985-96) will find their protection has disappeared! I notice one of them no longer posts here. Good riddance.