PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 13:22
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Tuc, did not mean any offence. must read more carefully next time.

the 714/5 process per 05-123 was sound. I saw it watered down in later years. each team appeared to want to devise their own process.

when I spent a bit of time in DD2 area DDSM6 we were very big on cross fertilisation. Unfortunatly the formation of IPTs and Business units knocked a lot of this on the head. there was a lot of corparate knowlege around RAE/DERA/and early Q2. Some may have said they were the consistency*. There attendance at LTCs was knocked on the head by the bean counters (yes I have to admit I may have been slightly guilty in going along with this rather than digging my heals in).
* I don't feel this is the case today however.

Same was true of the F765 process. This is where the folks at Kentigern came into their own. we had a real good guy. (and yes I did put him forward for an award after they were dispanded)

One comment re secondary references and NATO numbers - I agree with the comments made by Cobalt. This would be the case in an ideal world with competant people serving the department rather than their employer. My comments were based on my own real world experiences.

I do hope the truth comes out soon. By the sound of proceedings I fear that this just culture being banded about has been put back in the bottom drawer. I do hope I am wrong..... again