PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 10:58
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Quote from HN39,
"Who sets the GMT clock in the airplane?"

I reckon that's a rhetorical question, but I can confirm that it's anyone who is inclined to do so. We never did it in flight. According to the FCOM, its timings are "sent to the CFDIU, FDIU and FMGC." The FDIU, of course, feeds the DFDR.

Quote from Dozy Wannabe:
"One thing that has always puzzled me about Capt. Asseline's responses in the aftermath of the accident is that the BEA's report, far from assigning the causes purely to the actions of the flight crew, actually implicitly hauls AF's operations practices over the coals - not just in terms of highlighting the woefully inadequate briefing materials, but also highlighting contradictory rules and regulations pertaining to conduct of display flights. Reading between the lines the report more-or-less implies a reasonable argument that the crew were almost set up to fail. Capt. Asseline and his lawyers could likely have turned this into the most clear-cut example of mitigating circumstances in history, and yet they ignored that angle in favour of going after Airbus. To me this makes so little sense that I can't begin to fathom out why."

You make a very reasoned argument, and it may well be that Capt Asseline was badly advised. Union politics are far too complex for the likes of me.

Last edited by Chris Scott; 23rd Jan 2014 at 11:27.