PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Syncing my jeppeson app to my new iPad. Will I need a serial code again?
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 10:32
Agent86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF you are running IOS7 and have the latest JeppFD you should see two buttons on the left of the enroute tab "New Flight" and "Save" and one on the right "Flights".

Once you create a flight (NEW) by Origin, Dest Alternates (separated by spaces) and route you can go into the Airports (Origin, Destination, Alternates and "Tick" the plates you want as your favourites. Then go back to Enroute and SAVE your "flight"

I save the Taxi, valid SIDs and emergency return approaches for the Origin; the Star and main approaches for the Destination and don't worry about favourites for the Alternates.

You can either two finger swipe from one plate to the next OR tap ONCE on the APP/TAXI/SID/STAR buttons on the left to go straight to your favourites. a second tap on any of the buttons will open up selection of all available plates in that group.

If you haven't got IOS7 ..this is what makes it worthwhile (for Jeppview anyway) ..don' t know if the IOS6 version has this option.

In Aus approaches are Georeferenced and you can set it so the Taxi plate comes up automatically as you slow to taxi speed and then follow your georeferenced path to the parking bay.

Don't do it at YPPH though ... the underlying TAXI data puts you about 800M East of your real position (and yes Jepp have been advised)