PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When noise complaints turn nasty.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 05:57
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
''Why on earth did you build a house right under the circuit area of an operational airfield, and one that has been so for about the last thirty years?''
because its cheap! and with enough complaining and whinging, the airport will close, just ask the real estate agent he told me so, when airport closes = Profit!

and the aviation people in that neck of the woods need to realise their "harmless fun" is impacting on some people lives so largely, that they feel the need to take this drastic action.
as is most often the case, the serial noise complainers who are so adversely impacted by severe aircraft noise, have been proven, time and time again, that they are serial complainers with no hard evidence to back up their whinging. Take Sonja from wollongong, she generated 95% of all aircraft complaints when living at Bankstown, her husband generated 4%.

She has since moved on, and bought approx 500mtrs beside the approach to runway 26 at Wollongong, next to a train line. and sure enough, the complaints come rolling in.

Myself and another sky dive operator there have been called by Council to answer her allegations of us deliberately flying over her house when departing runway 26, (my aircraft is similar paint scheme to the skydive aircraft) she claimed on a certain days we deliberately tracked off centreline and directly over her house.
fortunately for myself and the skydive operator, the GPS has a long track memory. proving neither of our aircraft never used runway 26/08 on the days in question and every time since, we have been proving her wrong with factual track info.

Another was at a small airfield on the south coast, many lawsuits later, and many taxpayer funds wasted, sound recordings done independently proved that the aircraft noise from the complainants locations (there were a group of complainers who went as far as forming an association to complain) didn't even register above background noise. their logic seams to be, i can see it, therefore i hear it and must complain as it effects me... (despite court ordered evidence to the contrary).

these types complain for the sake of complaining, and sadly, these types do have issues that lead them to believe they are being adversely effected by aircraft noise that drives them to commit such acts.