PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When noise complaints turn nasty.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 03:22
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What evidence do you have that this operation was in place before the complainants moved into the area?
It's not my post, but I would guess there would be an assumption that they must be quite new to the area, as there has been a wide variety of skydiving aircraft (I personally know of Queenairs, Navajos, Senecas, 182s, PAC750's and the caravan in question) over at least the better part of 20 years. All the aircraft I have seen take off and head straight out over the water and climb there.

And either way, it doesn't matter what side of the arguement you come down on, nothing gives anybody the right to do that. If you don't like the noise my car makes as I drive home at night, does that give you the right to go and cut my brakes? There are (legal!) avenues for complaining about noise.
My personal opinion is they can go and themselves, and harden up a little bit. 30 seconds of a slightly elevated decible level once an hour during daylight hours warrants such disgusting behaviour? I don't think so.