PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2014, 23:23
Danny42C

dogle,

We may have introduced bureaucracy to India: they took to it like ducks to water ! The "babu" was as essential to any Indian enterprise in my time as is the computer today. Come to think of it, one is the logical development of the other, and I understand they're well in the forefront of the IT business in places like Bangalore. (Perhaps they could be induced to come over and sort out some of our Departmental Planners' latest string of monumental computer disasters ?)....D.

ricardian,

The AR62 (long after my time !) looks a very useful piece of machinery indeed. When did it come on the market, and did the RAF buy any ? (Having said that, I suppose the old PAR really did all you could reasonably want).

The AR-1 is a good old-timer, and could the "DR/DF" possibly be a CR/DF (do the civvies still use VHF ?) or a CA/DF ?......D.

Smudge,

It was ever thus: "Plus ça change, plus c'ést la même chose" runs through the RAF generations......D.

Never had much contact with the "boat" people, but have been waiting for an old Tee Emm photo to appear (succintly captioned: "Sunderland - under water" ! [top half visible] that I remember).

Cheers, Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 22nd Jan 2014 at 23:34. Reason: Add Accents.