PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2014, 16:07
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear you came to grief, better luck next time round.

It doesn't matter how good a pilot you are if you don't play nicely with others!
Spot on...

I think that was one of the major points Fulltanks was driving at in his/her excellent post a week or two back. It's not just a case of having the motor and academic skills, you have to be able to show that you are the sort of person who can share office space with others for hours on end. I don't envy you folks going through the process - you probably feel you need to demonstrate some sort of alpha male or female characteristics to stand out from the pack but you need to be aware that those characteristics might just appear to make you an utter PITA......

If it helps FWIW I think most BA captains, even if they allegedly lack personal skills, have grey hair and are as old as Methuselah enjoy a good day out. My ideal colleague is better handler than me, ( not difficult) but doesn't step all over me when I'm briefing, ( i.e. cuts me some slack) and corrects me when I go all senior (" err, that 's a really good idea, and I might be wrong but)....and best of all they are someone who I'd want to share a beer /fruit juice with me at the end of the day....now I'm not sure how you teach those skills but there you go......

Last edited by wiggy; 22nd Jan 2014 at 21:02.