PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help....Seeking a 172 & some ME Rating/ Further training Advice???
Old 22nd Jan 2014, 13:27
Exiled Martian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid-week greetings to all you Gyro Earth tied people who share the oppression & torment of being confined to a corporate desk on this fine blue sky (in the midlands anyway) afternoon

Just thought' I'd bump this thread in the hopes of getting somewhere with the posed questions especially with bullet point one in my OP, seeing as I've just finalised my accommodation & flights to Florida... so I ask again does somebody know where I can charter reasonably priced C152 & C172 just to do some leisurely local nav exercises around the Class G in the Cotswold area?

JohnM - I don't think I have amassed enough hours (50 X-country) to begin IR training just yet & I'm still am in deliberation in which order to pursue (CPL--> IR or vice versa) further training upon returning back from America. I did have a 'serious' word with my school on the matter & have walked away with enough Pros & Cons to ponder over & hopefully these should help in making a decision towards the next phase in my modular journey..... .

By the way, my first thread in this sub forum occurred a long time ago during the youthful beginnings of my post PPL endeavors. I simply posted my story to raise awareness amongst the more novice PPL'ers & get substantial feedback from more seasoned aviators on here & to be frank they didn't disappoint one bit . In hindsight my biggest error was the fact that we opted to use an aircraft I wasn't too familiar with at the time....couple that the fact that its speed/performance was more than what I was use to (previously more time spent on the gauges of Cessna's & Warriors). Anyways you LIVE (not always of course) & you LEARN (Always forever in this game).