PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2014, 10:26
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When saying I believe Truss is not fit for the job, I don't mean to be as offensive as it sounds, but simply he does not have the technical knowledge to get his head around some of the problems, so... he hands it over to his 'advisor' who is supposed to be knowledgeable in these things.
Frank, you're a lot more diplomatic about Truss than I could ever be.
At the end of the day he doesn't care, never has never will. Politics is smoke and mirrors, an act, a show, and the real focus of Pollies is on self preservation, self wealth, self rorts, self retirement with millions in the nest egg and a fat consulting role to go to, and of course self ego. I see no difference between the current Liberal government and the former Labor government, and Liberals again before that. It's the nature of the beast, and this tautological merry-go-round will keep on spinning. Just look at the current policy on the asylum boats and the politically enforced media blockage, the governments refusal to give details, refusal to discuss any minor details and the arrogant thumbing of its nose against us tax paying citizens and now ask yourselves honestly 'will this government conduct a clear, transparent non biased open review on Australian aviations government safety structure, effectiveness, accountability and compliance'? Hmmm, there layeth thy answer.

I think we all know what the eventual catalyst for change will be, don't we?

TICK TOCK