PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop bashing "P2F"
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2014, 09:49
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Three lions, and made this point back in post number 74. The thread starters use of "Pay to fly" is something of a misnomer, and is being used (or misused) to mean whatever anybody wants it to mean. I am not aware of any companies in the UK that offer "packages of line training" as a stand alone product.

The "broader definition" offered by clunk1001, simply exemplifies the definition of retail mark up in example one, and switches to supply and demand based remuneration, in example two. Both of these are almost universal constants across all forms of industry and commerce.

However, I would say this is only possible due to the level of competence in the left hand seat.

In 15 years time it will be very interesting to see the shift when the P2F brigade pay for their upgrades and are faced with the same challenge.
Well, having already witnessed the evolution of these cadet programmes from the front row for the last 15 years, what has happened? Those cadets are now in the left seat. They are experienced and competent. They are (in many cases) todays training captains and management pilots. Their experience and competence led them to those positions. Unlike the costs of training that put them in a position to start as cadets, they have since progressed just like anybody else, and haven't had to pay for anything training related since. If you want a glimpse of the future, take a look at the past, and then follow the evolution of that expansion.