PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The way we were - Ansett, TAA, Qantas
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2014, 23:45
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although not in the title of this thread there were 2 other Airlines that sadly, very sadly for me and a lot of others, are no longer around.

Compass Airlines, one of the best places I ever worked, but sadly did not get any photos of our Aircraft, maybe others have some?

This photo is the first group of Engineers, we did the A300-600 course here in BNE with Instructors from Lufthansa.

We then went to Lufthansa in Frankfurt for practical training, and YES before someone asks, on the Airbus A300-600 NOT the Viscount.

Some of us also went to GE in the USA (the Engine Manufacturer) and this was at the GE Flight Test Centre in the Mojave Desert, the A300 in the photo was testing the latest CF6 and the B707 was testing the latest CFM56. Such a sad place, not GE, but the storage you can see part of behind, so many aircraft out of service including some brand new B747s.

The other of course was Southern Cross (some call Compass 2), the only photos I have from there are from the very first flight, a non revenue flight from BNE-TSV-CNS and return for various celebrities, no NOT me I was only on board as at the time I was the only one that could sign for it.

This was on landing CNS, as traditional the fire brigade salute a new type.

And on board during the flight, I can not now remember their names but they were various radio and TV people in BNE and one of the Flight Attendants.