PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop bashing "P2F"
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2014, 21:09
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is the phrase p2f actually incorrect? Any info? Are there actually any p2f schemes in place in the UK or has their been for the last 5 years?

On a further note, and upto now there isnt one fact on this whole thread that actually stands scrutiny why a company would want to lean so heavily toward unknown untried manpower against those with experience/life skill as you would find in other careers in the UK. In fact. Id go as far as to say some of the rationale trotted out to defend why such a large percentage of inexperienced resource would be perceived as more suitable than from other areas insults not only the pilot' intelligence but the industry as a whole

Nor would it stand scrutiny in any other industry either. Typically most recruitment in the UK overall job market is heavily from experienced ranks with some lesser recruitment from new hires/apprentices/trainees/cadets etc this is essential to give youngsters chance to make a career and keeps a flow of resource that takes succession planning and experience building into account

Its hard to argue the way forward is to recruit a higher percentage of inexperienced guys in this industry only

There is only one reason for this leaning towards the inexperienced and its incorrectly stated in this thread as age. Nor would I guess is it ability. I dont actually believe there are p2f schemes in operation in the UK at this time nor have there been for years. I also dont believe the threadstarter is someone shouting the virtues of p2f.

Ill stand corrected if anyone can post up a company who is running a p2f scheme in the UK. Im not aware of one. And personally dont recall hearing of one since about 2009? Again ill stand corrected